OT Linux (RE: [rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?)

R. Lonstein rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 22 12:48:44 CST 2001

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 11:18:12PM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
    [snip]
> I am using OpenBSD on all my servers and am VERY happy
> with it.
>
> Sparc + OpenBSD = good food :)

I'll second that. An SS5 or SS20 (single CPU only) running OpenBSD is
easily forgotten it's so reliable. I've been running various releases of
OBSD on x86 and Sparc since 1997 and it's been great for such things as
firewall, webserver, squid cache, and loghost (often all at once).

I haven't had a chance to test yet but 3.0 supports the Sparc64 (Ultra)
and the word in the newsgroups is that it too is good.

- Ross