OT Linux (RE: [rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?)

Doctor Obnox Son of a Bitch rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 24 00:18:37 CST 2001

Mike Nicewonger, reeling from the shock, managed on Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 11:18:12PM -0500 to scrawl:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, you wrote:
>
> > OpenBSD is my firewall platform of choice, even though the Linux stuff
> > has stateful packet inspection.  I think OpenBSD 3.1 will have a bunch
> > of the features from Linux, and a -sane rules syntax-, which gives it a
> > pretty clear advantage.  I haven't tried it for any of my servers yet,
> > though when my New Toy gets here (thanks Ken!) I might play around some
> > more.
>
> I am using OpenBSD on all my servers and am VERY happy with it.
>
> Sparc + OpenBSD = good food :)
>
> Mike N

I tried openBSD on my intel box, and had crah after crash (this was
about 2 years ago)

Now my intel box runs FreeBSD, my SPARC NetBSD, and I'm quite happy.

--
"So I am not the only one that runs around naked with my Bobba Fett helment on?
Cool"

Gustafson
                                                    drobnox at visi.com