OT Linux (RE: [rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?)

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 21 08:59:59 CST 2001

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Loomis, Rip wrote:

> Anyone ever set up a OBSD box as a dial-out (modem) router
> with NAT and dynamic IP addressing from the ISP?

I haven't done it with a modem, only a cable modem.  But you might
be able to easier deal with a flaw I saw with OBSD NAT.  At least
with 2.9 and before, if the IP address changed (rather rare, but
it did happen every once in a while) you had to re-load your NAT
rules.  If you are on-demand dialing, your scripts should be able
to let you do that.

That little problem is something that should go away soon, if it
hasn't for 3.0.  Now that they use their own pf and not ipfilter,
they can closely integrate it with the OS and plan to solve things
like this.

--Kurt