OT Linux (RE: [rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?)

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 21 07:55:43 CST 2001

Not Quite Ready For Prime Time.

Personally, I disagree--but in some cases.  I won't be running
Linux on our E3000 any time soon, nor do I expect to run it
on the Quad Xeon's we've got on loan for testing.  On SPARC 10s
and K6/PII systems, though, I'm using it on production systems
that are critical but low-usage.

Actually, I finally got around to trying to migrate my
"modem server/packet filter" at home from Linux to OpenBSD,
and if I can't get the NAT working properly by the first of
the year, I'm going back to Linux.  I like OBSD for security-
relevant systems, but I'm tearing my hair out over this one.

Anyone ever set up a OBSD box as a dial-out (modem) router
with NAT and dynamic IP addressing from the ISP?

  --Rip