[rescue] SS10 problems

dave venable rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 18 22:30:45 CST 2001

My SS10 dual is suffering from what looks like a intermittent ground. The
power supply, when unplugged always starts, when plugged into the mobo, it
fires up the machine... sometimes. It's not the memory seating, they are in
snugly, with a clunk. The short(?) or grounding problem acts like it's in
the corner of the mobo where the scsi plugs into the blue connector.

I thought I had it fixed, that is, wiggling wires, pushing stuff, slapping
it, when it went on a streak of starting about 10 times in a row. So..... I
put the top on and it would not fire up again.

I tried lighting candles and placing them around unit as I attempted to fire
it up, but to no avail. Are chicken entrails the next step? I am hesitant to
got to that extreme, the only chants I know are wintel chants.