[rescue] Spaceballs.

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 6 16:12:51 CST 2001

   USB to serial boxes tend to be expensive, too. I bought one while I was
investigating serial expansion options for free Unixes. You'd be better off
finding out what multiport serial cards your OS of choice supports and looking
on Ebay -- more ports for less $$$. A four-port board combined with your
existing two will give you one left over for future expansion.

   (I've just been through this issue myself, putting together a multiport
machine ("argus") to be a console server. Seven out of ten ports are in use
at the moment, and I'd really like to get my Boca 16-port board working
too. It wasn't very happy in argus, possibly because of I/O-space
conflicts, and if it will play nice in a machine all by itself, it may end
up there permanently. What's one more machine? :) )

   --James B.