[rescue] Boy, am I glad I didn't switch to Cable modem servic e...

Eric Johnson rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 16:06:44 CST 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Corda Albert J DLVA wrote:

> Maybe I'm a little off base here, but $4.00 a foot
> is more than the power company charges to run
> a power line to new construction (and they have
> to dig a trench 8 ft. deep and install 10 ft. grounding
> rods at periodic intervals).
>
> Has anyone else run into this type of price gouging?
> Any suggestions as to how to deal with them? (I'd love
> to find a (legal :-) way to annoy them until they decide to
> act in a more reasonable manner, especially for a cable
> company providing rural service)

Would it work for you to put some kind of shed with a computer down near
the pedestal and then run your own network up to the house from there?

-- Eric Johnson

"... man will occasionally stumble over the truth,
    but usually manages to pick himself up,
    walk over or around it, and carry on"
    -- Winston Churchill