[rescue] Re: nuking from orbit

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 31 13:43:00 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 11:44:50AM -0400, Jeremy Nielson wrote:
> > For some reason, this post made me start thinking that maybe
> > steganographic file systems might be more appropriate.  What attacks can
> > the NSA or whomever produce against that?
>
> They could do like they did in Scarfo's case, where they put a keylogger on
> your computer, and grab your password.  Although, hopefully the case goes
> the right way, and that it is proved to be "inadmissable evidence".  Illegal
> search and seizure is a bitch.  (haha)

One time passwords.  Although, I have no clue how steganographic file
systems and one time passwords would fit together.

Also, what are these key loggers exactly?  Something that fits between the
keyboard and computer, a keyboard mod, or a motherboard mod?

> > I keep meaning to add a drive to my file server to run a
> > staganographic/encrypted file system for the fun of it.  Probably would
> > only keep journal on it but still...
>
> That'd actually be a pretty sweet thing to do, if i had time to look into
> it... what options are available for linux/bsd?

They seem to be rapidly changing.  Just search.

Also, maybe such a thing could be colo'ed at havenco.

--
Joshua D. Boyd