[rescue] Re: nuking from orbit

Jeremy Nielson rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 31 10:44:50 CDT 2001

> For some reason, this post made me start thinking that maybe
> steganographic file systems might be more appropriate.  What attacks can
> the NSA or whomever produce against that?

They could do like they did in Scarfo's case, where they put a keylogger on
your computer, and grab your password.  Although, hopefully the case goes
the right way, and that it is proved to be "inadmissable evidence".  Illegal
search and seizure is a bitch.  (haha)

> I keep meaning to add a drive to my file server to run a
> staganographic/encrypted file system for the fun of it.  Probably would
> only keep journal on it but still...

That'd actually be a pretty sweet thing to do, if i had time to look into
it... what options are available for linux/bsd?

Jeremy Nielson