[rescue] Re: nuking from orbit

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 31 09:04:03 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 07:47:03AM -0400, Jeremy Nielson wrote:
> Now see, I just gotta imagine that anyone that's smart enough to be scared
> of someone getting data off their hard drives, has also gotta be smart
> enough to think "I don't wanna be next to it when it explodes".
>
> But then again, I have the personality flaw to assume everyone has a basic
> level of common sense.
>
> I like the thought of a slag of thermite going through my drives, though....
> and when you tell the fed "I wouldn't touch it yet, if i were you"... and he
> goes "Oh shut up, criminal punk", and then comes out with molten iron on his
> hands...
>
> bwahahaha.  okay, that's a little too evil.  We return you to your regularly
> scheduled madness.

For some reason, this post made me start thinking that maybe
steganographic file systems might be more appropriate.  What attacks can
the NSA or whomever produce against that?

I keep meaning to add a drive to my file server to run a
staganographic/encrypted file system for the fun of it.  Probably would
only keep journal on it but still...

--
Joshua D. Boyd