[rescue] RE: Re: Ultra 10, yet again

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 29 05:31:34 CDT 2001

Robert Novak wrote:

> > >Believe it or not, I only found two or three references to it on the
> > >web. All of them suggested replacing the cpu,
>
> I had this too, four machines in one week even.

And what did you do about it??? I'm about ready to give up. I don't have
the $$$ for a retail cpu for this thing when I can buy a U30 for less.

I don't want to give up if there's anything I can do to fix it.

> warranty is 1 year,

That leaves me out.

> I swapped out memory on the systems I had this problem with, just in case
> (it was easy and I had a spare 512MB kit new in wrappers) and it didn't
> help.

What DID help?!?!?!

> Oddly enough, on one of the machines I installed Solaris 8 and
> patched it to current, and the errors disappeared. Maybe the jumpstart
> install blew the dust out of the contacts for me. :)

Heh. Was this the only machine you managed to get working?

Maybe I need to remove the SCSI and go back to IDE. See if that makes
any dfference. :(

---sambo