[rescue] Re: Re: web weigh-in? Re: Re: geek vehicles

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 00:47:10 CDT 2001

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 08:00:38PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:
> >
> > Heh, that's cool. Makes me want to take the van over to Weirdstuff and
> > pick up their 600MP cabinets for when I do get space and power for one.
> > Wonder if anybody around here rents trucks with the lift backs. :)
>
> does Uhaul rent stuff like that?  i don't deal with Uhaul, think all their
> stuff is junk.  but for a short trip, maybe not so bad.

I've used a few, and could get a Siena or whatever kind of van they
have... but I'd prefer something I could roll the 600MP onto.

> Ryder or Penske should have what you are looking for.  you can probably even
> get something as small as an F150 or F250 with a lift.  or you could get
> something larger than you could possibly fill.  they got it all. :)

Oops. I was trying to figure out which Netapps you were talking about.
Trying to figure out if I can use wide scsi in my F330 (and who makes it),
and if I should set up a website about my findings while tweaking these
filers. I have 8 10base ethernets, a 10/100 onboard, and gigabit in mine,
but no disks. Really useful :)

I guess I'll look into the trucks when I have a place to put a box in
storage, and a friend or two who owe me favors (or money).

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows