[rescue] Re: Re: web weigh-in? Re: Re: geek vehicles

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 00:51:42 CDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 10:47:10PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:

> I've used a few, and could get a Siena or whatever kind of van they
> have... but I'd prefer something I could roll the 600MP onto.

see below:

> > Ryder or Penske should have what you are looking for.  you can probably even
> > get something as small as an F150 or F250 with a lift.  or you could get
> > something larger than you could possibly fill.  they got it all. :)

i don't use Ryder all that much, i just know they have a wide variety.  i am
a Pensky Junky.  i rent all my trucks from them.  they rule.

> Oops. I was trying to figure out which Netapps you were talking about.
> Trying to figure out if I can use wide scsi in my F330 (and who makes it),
> and if I should set up a website about my findings while tweaking these
> filers. I have 8 10base ethernets, a 10/100 onboard, and gigabit in mine,
> but no disks. Really useful :)

wow, talk about OT!  don't know what anyone else was talking about, but i have
an F330 with 5 narrow SCSI channels, the onboard 10/100 and FDDI.  now have
four 4.2G disks in StorageWorks cannisters, just waiting for the shelf to show
up in the mail *cough cough* you know who you are *cough cough*

> I guess I'll look into the trucks when I have a place to put a box in
> storage, and a friend or two who owe me favors (or money).

having a place to put something that size is half the battle. :)

-brian