[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 25 23:36:20 CDT 2001

Off-roadground clearance is the name of the game, not high-speed manouvers
on aicy-covered roads.

Land Rovers can do amazing things, I know, I've done a few with mine, but no
vehicle can make an unsafe situation safe. I once drove to VT from NJ in a
snow storm, and I could only look in horro at the *foolish* women driving
their suburbans and excursions at 65 - 70 MPH in a driving snow storm...
They seemed to think 4WD makes it impossible to slide out of control when
you hit a patch of black ice.

You want a Mercedes sedan to hug the road, not your off-road vehicle.

Ken