[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 25 23:21:29 CDT 2001

> I must comment that I find the idea of getting a yellow one, getting a
> convertible conversion, red flames on the side, and one of the W8 engines
> that are supposed to come out this year or next a rather appealing idea.

How can you even consider it?
The Legacy of the Beetle is a long and proud one of air cooled, horizontally
opposed goodness.
Volkswagen's vehicles went to hell in a handbasket when they started putting
water cooled engines with rubber-bands for timing chains in them.
Hell, the engine's IN THE WRONG END!

HOW the HELL is it supposed to work right if the engine isn't in the Back?

</rant>

And I think they look ugly too...
George