[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Peter Joules rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 25 09:45:37 CDT 2001

On Saturday 25 August 2001 01:10, you wrote:

> Why would a 3 wheel car be considered good?  When we banned manufactor of
> 3 wheeled ATVs, it was considered a good thing.

http://www.3wheelers.com/rialto.html

The main reason why they became popular in the UK 40-50 years ago is because
with a coulpe of small modifications they can be driven on a motorcycle
licence.  They also qualify as motorcycles as far as road taxis concerned so
tax is only 66UKP/year as against 160 for a four wheeled car.  They are also
made of plastc on a galvanised chassis so they don't rot and are fun to drive.

I also get about 60 miles/gallon out of it :)

Yes, there is a degree of instability as the single wheel is at the front,
but if one goes round a corner fast enough to lift a rear wheel then that is
probably faster than one could stop in the visible distance - so too fast.

--
Regards
Pete