[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 20:47:26 CDT 2001

> On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 07:39:21AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > ponys.  The simple fact is -  the Boss Hoss isn't *heavy* enough to
plant
> > all that power to the ground...
>
> Isn't heavy enough with a normal person on it, or isn't heavy enough with
> some of the larger list members?  We've already established that some of
> us are way over 300pounds, which should help somewhat.

According to a report on a shootout against a Hayabusa (I think, was about a
month ago) - even with two large sized people, the rear tire was
uncontrollable.  So much torque, the rear tire simply spun.  The bike is
great from launch if you don't crank the throttle too much, but the Hayabusa
is damn quick, and the throttle is more controllable.  The Boss Hoss
normally does not have a manual grearbox, so you can't feather the clutch to
try to get optimal power transfer

However, the photo of a patch of rubber as far as eye could see was
*impressive* to say the least.  The Boss Hoss has a fairly wide rear swing
arm - it might be possible to fit a Mickey Thompson ET Street - which would
certainly help off-the-line acceleration.

Kurt