[rescue] Cheap Shipping?

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 23 16:42:26 CDT 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Derrick Daugherty wrote:

> so who do you guys generally use when you score a nice large piece of
> hardware?  I just called airborne and they want $500+ to ship the
> cabinet I scored for 102 bucks.
>
> I have a tiny 3rd gen rx7 r1 so the odds of me making a roadtrip and
> hauling it back are non-existant.

If it's within driving distance, U-Haul, Budget and Hertz all rent small
trucks and vans on the cheap.  If not, try a freight carrier like BAX
Global or Viking Freight.  If you really want cheap and can arrange for
palleting and airport pickup/dropoff, try Forward Air (around $25 per
100lb last I checked).

-James