[rescue] Re: Re: Cheap Shipping?

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 23 22:11:33 CDT 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Check your local Ryder or U-Haul.  Chances are you can get a package van (or
> similar small-ish truck) for about $20 a day.  Normally, for local rentals
> they don't charge a mileage rate - but check your local agent.

Out here that's how they get you... $19.95/day plus $0.50/mile for a Uhaul
pickup or Siena panel van. I wrapped up my last move that way. If you do
one-way, it's higher, but usually includes some number of miles. So if I'd
been smart and had a spare driver around, I would've done a one-way from
Hayward to San Jose and hope they didn't notice :)

It was still cheaper than when I rented a Silverado from Enterprise...
$50/day unlimited (or was it 200mi/day) mileage. Always good to ask about
your options.

--Rob
        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows