[rescue] Netra 1100/1400 => 1105/1405?

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 23 16:04:32 CDT 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> I think you missed the point.  Only on PCs is it necessary to vary the
> CPU voltages.  Any non-Intel workstation is almost certainly designed
> with one CPU voltage in mind.

No.  Check out the Blackbird vs Sabre vs Sapphire module specs, these are
freely downloadable from Sun's microelectronics site.  Every UltraSparc
based Sun out there (including the humble U5/U10) can vary its CPU core
voltage(s) (except possibly the CP/T1, I'm not sure about that one).

> I'll bet that's not at all what those wires are for -- they are voltage

It is what these lines are for.  The U60 ps can regulate core CPU voltage
on one line from between 2.5V and 3.5V.  This is necessary to use a
variety of CPU cores.

-James