[rescue] FREE STUFF in Austin, TX

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 21 07:59:58 CDT 2001

You know, I've been married about 7 years, and what I
found was that while it has been easy to find someone
with a [longer|shorter|bigger|smaller] attribute, or
combination there-of, I simply find most other women
to be annoying (over the long haul).

Let me explain - I really like women, and so far in my
life, there has only been one person, out of the
several hundred I came into contact with over the
years that I could really imagine spending a *really*
significant amount of time with.

Since I met my wife, both she and I have changed
*considerably*, but our changes have been
complimentary, not conflicting. It really came own to
the person, that is the one constant, and that was the
key.

My advice (even though it wasn't asked for) is to go
out and do exactly what you want, and keep your eyes
open for suitable partners - if you are not into the
single scene, why would you want a partner that is?
Unfortunately, most people these days (last 20-30
years) seem to waste their prime "mate finding"
opportunities (school), trying to "get some" at any
cost, then, when they hit 25-35, they want to settle
down, but they only know people from work - they
"burned through" everyone from school...

I met my wife in a bar, but at a school reunion, as
did my best friend. (Same reunion!) Another friend met
his at a Habitat for Humanity project house...

Ken
(Feeling very old at 37 today ;^)

--- Amy <turtlex at feeding.frenzy.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >   Big Mike hit me with a good piece of wisdom
> today: "Men expect women
> > to never change, and women expect to change their
> men."
>
> well, believing in that sort of horse shit is a good
> reason why a lot of
> men are still single.
>
> *shrug*

=====