[rescue] Sun ISDN/IDSL HOWTO? (was Wanted: ISDN equipment)

Neil McNeight rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 15 11:24:00 CDT 2001

> So, I'm looking for some ISDN connectivity gear.
>
> (4) A stand-alone NT-1 to go with my SPARCstation LX.

Greetings.

I'm thinking about getting IDSL (the only kind available where I live) for
my home network, but I don't know much about what all is required. I was
hoping that by using an LX as a gateway (ISDN in, 10Base-T out), I can
save the $350 equipment charge from my potential IDSL provider.

What other equipment am I going to need, and are there any recommendations
for ISDN hardware that plays nice with Sun hardware?

Am I anything ahead if I go this route, or would just sticking with an
all-in-one appliance be worth it?

-Neil

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." | Neil McNeight
                        -Mahatma Gandhi            | mcneight at umich.edu