sunPC cards: was: [rescue] Re: Ultra 10

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 15 04:18:39 CDT 2001

>SunPC, the SBus card, runs the SunPC software and emulates a
>more-or-less complete PC.  It would be slow by today's standards
>but you have one of the faster ones (133MHz i586?).  It supports
>MS-Windows as well but inside a "virtual screen" contained in one
>X window.  Wabi made Windows apps feel more like native apps, they
>weren't placed in a single X window.

dual head and 8 workspaces... I can handle a single xwindow.

I should look at wabi, too.

it is an amd 133 chip, if I read the number right.

>I looked for a copy of SunPC 4.2 for you but can't find one
>anywhere.  The SunPCi software is easy to find, though that
>doesn't help you.

hrm... Maybe it would be in the 2.6 disk set, if I can still access the friend who has that. I'd really like to get some version if windows for those (very few) things that require me to dual boot the peecee.

vmware with a license might work, too

-Christof (who just likes sun wardware better)