[rescue] "My city had been torn down, replaced by online auctions. Hey, ho , way to go - eBay" (with apologies to Chrissy Hynde...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 11 22:08:16 CDT 2001

See below...

----- Original Message -----
From: <koyote at koyote.cx>
To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2001 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: [rescue] "My city had been torn down, replaced by online
auctions. Hey, ho , way to go - eBay" (with apologies to Chrissy Hynde...

<snip>

> I simply do not belive that- since "space = $$" comdisco is going to start
an ebay auction house. (I'd love to do that for a company, but that's an
aside) you don't just take a warehouse and toss up a few listings and it
magically goes away, after all.

Well, Lily has full-time responsibility to sell inventory, so it would
simply be a shift in her job description. Comdisco has a shipping
department, service department, and a warehouse full of spares to stand
behind warranties.

Currently Lily spends her days sending out PDF files, Faxing listings, and
trying to get the web site updated. If an order happens to come in, she
drives it through the organization to make the sale...

So for Comdisco, it would be a trivial exercise to list inventory on eBay
(or other marketplace)...

Ken