[rescue] What is a good terminal?

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 11:32:18 CDT 2001

> > To hook up to your sparc (e.g. classic, lx, or ss4 kind of thing) you
> > will need a DEC MMJ cable plus the male DEC modem dongle plus a null
> > modem adapter (unless you want to wire up the cable yourself).
>
> Does this apply to the 220s?  That might explain why I haven't gotten it
> to work.  I was thinking that my problem might have been that two nulls
> don't make a right (err, non-null).  I really need to get a straight
> through, 25pin cable with one end of each gender, unless the terminal
> really requires something else altogether...

Not exactly sure on the 220's... never seen one around here.  All I find
are 3xx/4xx/5xx things in surplus.  I have heard horror stories of 220's
frying serial ports on things if powered down incorrectly so I will not
likely put one on any of my machines.

Dave runs 220's, maybe he knows....(:+}}...

Bob