[rescue] Mac Appliance

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 4 00:58:57 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 12:53:03PM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:

> Exactly... I'm all for keeping vaxen alive, but a real kernel from a modern(!)
> OS (OpenBSD, NetBSD, etc) would take up too much of the max 16M of RAM on my
> uVAX2. What ever happened to pcc?

what?  VMS doesn't count?  it's modern.  it kick a copious amount of ass.  and
it still runs just fine in 4MB of ram.  it's a royal pain in the ass to use,
but other than that..... :)

> That and the optimization performed by a compiler is resource intensive. I've
> seen Forte eat up 2GB of RAM on -O5 on some boxes.

uhm, we aren't talking about compiler optimizing.  we're talking about doing it
by hand. :)

> Overclock Cray? *scared look*

get away from me before i do something rash. :)

-brian