[rescue] Mac Appliance-hah!

Dan Canaan rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 12:03:39 CDT 2001

Just out of curiosity, what exactly does any of this discussion about this
or that operating system being better than the other, this or that
application does this or that better than another, etc?  This particular
topic has since long devolved from a simple request about putting BSD or
Linux on a Macintosh and which Mac was best suited into yet another drawn
out OS war.

I had thought it was about the subject header- Mac Appliance.  But that
ceased to be the topic some 80+ messages ago.

This list has a wealth of information to share- when people actually share
it.  When it becomes 200+ messages a day about nothing even remotely
related to the subject line, then it's just bloat.  At least it makes it
easier for me to delete the messages unread.  I can set up a filter to just
screen out all messages with "RESCUE" in them since I know it won't have
anything to do with rescuing old computers.

That's my rant.  I'm still here and will keep reading the first few
messages of each new thread, but when it starts bloating, off into the
killfile it goes unread.  It wouldn't be so bad if it was just a few
messages, but it's literally dozens, then hundreds of messages totally off
topic.  If there was real information or content to be found, you wouldn't
ever see it for all the noise.
 |             |   1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters at picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |