[rescue] need Mac Upgrade Advice!!!

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 21:39:38 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 09:29:59PM -0500, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> No, you need PCI for ethernet.  The only way to get it networked would
> be to

ick.

> 1) bridge IP over AppleTalk to another Mac (I've heard it can be done)

not a chance.  there will only be two of them, and they will both suck, no
thanks. :)

> 2) use PPP/SLIP to another system via one of the serial ports

also not a chance.  ethernet or nothing here. :)

> Based on the page Joshua found at LowEndMac that's a fair assumption.

these are just a stopgap until i get a job and can buy my daughter a real
computer.

> (without PGP for the moment while I try out one of those fancy GUI email
> clients)

-brian
(without PGP cause i don't care who hears what i say, and also i'm too lazy)