[SunRescue] Re: Help!

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Apr 21 07:41:17 CDT 2001

Sebastian Marius Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 09:26:07PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> > WHY!  Doesn't your DSL router handle all the necessary conversions from
> > ethernet to whatever hell-spawned deviancy the telco uses?
>
> No; the German Telekom provides you with a DSL 'modem', but not with a
> router, and I'm too cheap to buy one. I'd rather use one of the boxen I
> already have.

Actually that's a good point.  I keep forgetting that I signed up for one
of the 'business' packages so get a small range of static IPs as well.
My .uk brethren on the domestic tariffs have to put up with some sick-
making USB thingy.  Strangely, they're selling very few domestic
packages, cos all the early adopters want the better 'business' service :-)

--
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

       Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our latest and greatest
         operating system which we couldn't be arsed to complete