[SunRescue] OT: FS: SGI Crimson RE

David Michaud rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 9 21:51:12 CDT 2001

"Joshua D. Boyd" wrote:

> I disagree.  SGIs are too expensive.  A good used SGI still costs over 600
> without moniter.  I'm not saying that linux will or should replace irix

Actually... yes, you do get what you pay for, but...
You can pick up an entire Indy R5kSC-180 with monitor for under $500...
So that's not quite so true. Also consider that that was a $20k
machine...
Maximum IMPACT Indigo2 R10000's selling today for around $1500. Those
were $90k machines just back in 1995, so... I'd say it's pretty
reasonable.

-Dave