[SunRescue] HELP: Cannot assemble drivers for root problem

Jonathan Katz rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 9 16:03:24 CDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 03:35:20PM -0500, John Lengeling wrote:
> After swapping the motherboard, I get the following error message:

Hi...

You're up a creek-- the 170/E MB uses a completely different SCSI
driver than the 140 non-e. I discovered this the hard way when I
swapped system disks between my 170/E and a 140 which I later sold.
The problem still existed under Solaris 7.

You *may* be able to do something like boot off a CD-ROM, mount your root
disk, add the drivers, add new driver links, and then boot -r.

ok boot cdrom -s
mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /a
add_drv -b /a "SUNW,fas"
devlinks -r /a