[SunRescue] OT: CA: It's Our Turn

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 19:15:43 CDT 2001

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Stefan Skoglund wrote:

> "Joshua D. Boyd" wrote:
> > On the more civilized east coast I pay about $1.40 to $1.160 depending on
> > grade.  The house I moved to last fall has AC, so that will be a nice
> > change from where I used to live.  I didn't care that much until we
> > started having computers around the house that kicked off enough heat to

> Is anyone of you guys running on natural cooling ??

> Should be cheaper than ordinary Air-condition.

One of my professors does.  Most new homes don't seem to though.  I don't
know why.  My current house is from the 60s (including the great
innovation of ceiling hear). The last one was from 81. I gather that
geothermal heating (that's what we call it around here) has only been
practical these past ten years.  Personally, I think it is a great idea.
When I become a property owner, I'll probably consider it.

--
Joshua Boyd