[SunRescue] OT: CA: It's Our Turn

Peter Joules rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 3 15:56:28 CDT 2001

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Chris Byrne wrote:

> the current exchange rate is about 1.44 USD to GBP, there are 3.785 liters
> in a US gallon, and the current price per liter in your area according to
> www.petrolbusters.com is under 80p a liter.

Apologies, I miscalculated in 2 directions.  First, I usually work by a
rule of thumb conversion at 1.60 USD/GBP  as it used to be fairly near to
that until fairly recently.  I also forgot that you only have 3.7 litres
to the gallon as we have 4.54.  I suppose that is one reason why American
cars always sound so uneconomical, after all even my bike only does 45
miles/US gallon.  Which leads me to ask... are there 1760 yards in an
American mile or is that different as well?

--
Regards
Pete