[SunRescue] IDing a processor

P.A.Osborne rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 09:34:38 CDT 2001

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 10:26:39AM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> I'm at the customer site. Was supposed to be here at 8.. I hit 'off'
> instead of 'snooze' on the alarm :( No coffee, yet, either, and this
> warm Dr. Pepper isn't cutting it.

<snigger>

> Actually, in further research all SS5 modules had that designation, not
> just the 110Mhz ones.... psradm/psrinfo didn't ship w/ SunOS4, did it?

Not that I have discovered - yet.

> > Thats one machine that I wont turn down when its retired in the summer...
> Well, if it is speedy enough no reason not to snag it. Worst-case you
> could always e-bay it for some eash cash.

Quite.

:-)

> We just answered this for Bob at the begining of the week :) No, you
> can't use SS5 RAM in an SS10 and vice-versa. Find a faster mbus module
> for the SS10?

I think I may have enthusiastically hit the 'd' key on mutt earlier in
the week when the brown stuff went airborne towards the fan...

--Paul
--currently wondering which fan in his dual PPro200 sounds like a
--washing machine with a bag of stones in... better get the lid off me thinks.