[SunRescue] IDing a processor

Jonathan Katz rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 09:26:39 CDT 2001

Paul wrote:
> Well in that case I have to ask why are you reading your email in bed?
> :-)

I'm at the customer site. Was supposed to be here at 8.. I hit 'off'
instead of 'snooze' on the alarm :( No coffee, yet, either, and this
warm Dr. Pepper isn't cutting it.

> Ah - I did wonder what the mod0 line was - using the brain cells at last
> suggests module.

Actually, in further research all SS5 modules had that designation, not
just the 110Mhz ones.... psradm/psrinfo didn't ship w/ SunOS4, did it?

> Thats one machine that I wont turn down when its retired in the summer...

Well, if it is speedy enough no reason not to snag it. Worst-case you
could always e-bay it for some eash cash.

> Anyone know off hand if I can put SS10 memory in an SS5?  Its just that
> I have 192MB of SS10 memory in a 40Mhz SS10 that could be better used
> in the SS5....

We just answered this for Bob at the begining of the week :) No, you
can't use SS5 RAM in an SS10 and vice-versa. Find a faster mbus module
for the SS10?

-Jon