[SunRescue] Moving things onto a new harddrive

Kurt Nowak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 19:17:46 CDT 2001

How about using 'dd'.... I love this utility...

dd if=/dev/sdx of=/dev/sdy bs=128k   where sdx is the disk you are copying
and sdy is the new disk. Set up the partitions on the new drive first, and
then copy each partition separately....Also, make sure that both the disk
you are copying to and the disk you are copying from are not mounted... ie
you will have 3 drives conneced to your machine: the system drive, the
"copy-to" and the "copy-from" drive.

hope this helps..

Kurt