[SunRescue] Moving things onto a new harddrive

Rebecca Ore rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 09:11:31 CDT 2001

On Fri, 06 Apr 2001, User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:

> It is needing an fsck on sd2 file systems, and you have to do that
> individually by sd2 file system, e.g., for sd2a, for sd2d/e/f, etc.
> THEN, you can mount them by hand.  IFF you want to keep the old
> problematic drive mounted (bad karma here), then you can add the entries
> to your new fstab file, typically

The drive that was problematic was sd1, sd2 was fine and my news
directory except for overview, which was on /usr/news/spool/overview.

I appear to have done it okay except for email aliases/chron jobs, not
sure which got hosed until I ssh over to the machine in question.

What I was lacking was directories to use as mount points -- I don't
do this enough to remember all the steps.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net