[SunRescue] WTB: Sparc LX? Canada?

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 11 16:57:03 CST 2000

I don't think I could have come up with a more ignorant statement
than what's below.  Please people, try to show a modicum of
intelligence if you're going to try and speak to me about firearms.

I'm so disgusted with his thought process, I can't believe I even
replied...

At any rate, to continue my rant:
The existence of firearms does not precipitate violence.  Violence is
a product of irrational and uneducated thought.  My relatives all
have houses full of guns, none of them have ever killed another human
being (other than during acts of military action in foreign lands)
and neither have I.  Being around guns since I was a little kid has
taught me to respect them for what they are, dangerous items meant to
kill.  I can't even handle a paintball gun without treating it like a
lethal weapon (it is, but I suppose that's another discussion).

Like I said, not everyone should be allowed to own firearms, and
misuse of firearms should be severely punished.

Dang!  What makes you think I or someone in my family would shoot
someone?  You make some very bold assumptions about me - of the type
I would never make about you.

You're also very misinformed about the source of guns that are
carried into schools around the country.  The grand majority of guns
in school these days are from illegal sources - the so-called "junk
guns".  Most of these do not come from parents or guardians, they
come from gang members and black market retailers.

The key to proper use of firearms is respect and understanding - same
as powerful technology.

aaaarrrrrgh...

Kurt
::grumble, grumble