[SunRescue] Re: Best wishes for Bill...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 5 02:07:11 CST 2000

claym at mellender.org writes:

>Jeepers! I didnt realize I am an old man!  Whats scary is, at the ripe old
>age of  33, I was programming 6502's when you guys were in diapers! ouch.

Currently 32. The only birthday that's had any emotional impact on
me in a "shit, now I'm *old*!" sense was when I passed the
1 billion seconds mark (approx 31.75 years). That really made me stop
and think. I felt it pass.

I've been on a PCs-are-toys-gimmi-a-ten-year-old-real-computer
kick since around 1990, and I've been into collection even older
stuff for most of that time as well. The earliest machine I've
actually played with is a PDP-12, circa 1969. The earliest
functional stuff I own are my tek vector displays. (My ASR33
doesn't work. Dammit.)

My job is computer related, but not to the extent that I'd call
it a "real computer job". I'm way too lazy for that. :-)

-------- david fischer -------- dave at cca.org -------- www.cca.org --------
---------- never let reason stand in the way of self-confidence ----------