[SunRescue] Re: Best wishes for Bill...

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 2 17:36:34 CST 2000

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 11:02:51AM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> Bill,
> I hope you get past this large hurdle.  (Bodies can be such a pain!  Don't
> you wish you could just upload yourself 'till the repairs are all over? ;-)

"Backup, wipe out the OS, and reinstall from scratch..." 8-)

> For those of you who are wondering, here's a link to what Bill's dealing
> with:
> http://www.bcm.tmc.edu/oto/grand/61591.html
> Full of medical speak but nonetheless thorough.

Basically, a "normal" person breathes through an opening about the size of
a quarter.  I breathe through an opening the size of a pea to a dime.  6mm
or so.

This was caused by me being a premature baby - 2 months.  They put a tube
down my throat, which (we later found out) caused scar tissue to form.
Up until the time I was 18, they just thought I had asthsma (same basic
symptoms, etc).  When I was 18, I had a car wreck - which resulted in some
xrays - where they found the problem.

I went in when I was 18, and they burned out a good 2/3rds of the scar
tissue with a laser.  My life dramatically improved (imagine DOUBLING the
amount of oxygen you get with each breath).  However, over the past 9
months to a year I'd seen a repeat of the symptoms I had when I was 18, so
I went in about six months ago and got checked out.  They ran the camera down
my nose again (on a fiber thingy), took more pictures of my trachea (just
below my vocal cords), and told me what I expected to hear.

I'm going in for a sleep study tonight (one of the symptoms/"features" is
severe sleep apnea and LOUD snoring), and they're gonna see what they can
do.  They've already done a spiral CT scan of me from the top of my head
to my breastbone - now THAT was interesting to look at.

> Again Bill I heartily give you the best wishes and any spiritual support I
> can give.  You're a bright spot in this universe and a being of integrity.
> That alone is worth more than "hoarded gold".

Thanks a lot for all of your kind words.  You guys (and gals) are great.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net