[SunRescue] Finally got DSL

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 31 18:56:43 CST 2000

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 06:45:54PM -0500, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Just a note, there are several bits required for DSL service:
<snip>

I know *all* of this - I was working for a company that was selling
DSL to end-users at the time.  Quite simply, it boiled down to Covad's
refusal to qualify *anybody* for more than 144K IDSL, no matter what their
situation/distance from the CO/etc, for about 3 months.  Like I said, it
resulted in the ISP eventually dropping them as a DSL carrier/provider,
and going with someone else for lines between the CO and the customer.

I'm rather not surprised that they had to lay off a bunch of people recently.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford       |    "Do you expect me to talk?"
mrbill at mrbill.net   |    "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"