[SunRescue] Finally got DSL

Darryl Barile rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 31 19:33:59 CST 2000

Ok.

So as a complete idiot to the current state of DSL
service what is the proper way to proceed?

I'm still using dial up. The phone company (SBell) hooked
the guy next door up to DSL but they had to rewire the
house to do it. For a couple weeks he had a line running
from the phone box on the street around the back of his
house to the bedroom window. The house is only a year
old.

Then they install another DSL customer across the street.
2 weeks latter that install goes silent. After 2 weeks of repairs
the phone guys say.....

"Sorry, your neighbor got the only DSL capable line on
the block." (But it worked for 2 weeks fine?)

Still they are offering any one on the street the free
install and 2 months free service to switch over to
DSL??

I'd love the speed but I just can't bring myself to
sign up for the service when neither the telephone
company nor myself is well versed enough to know
what they are doing.