[SunRescue] can't boot sun clone

Paul Phillips rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 27 22:24:23 CST 2000

Hi, everybody.

When I couldn't boot it, Jonathan Katz wrote:

> It's time to break out that phillip's head
> screwdriver, open up the case, and reseat anything which is 'movable.'

Well, I banged around awhile, reseated everything I could think of, and no
luck.  Then I noticed one of the hard drives was making this funny little
noise.  So I unplugged the SCSI cable to that drive, then it booted (well,
sort of.)  So anyway, with the machine off, I gave the drive a few good
raps with my knuckle.  When I restarted it, no more noises and it booted!
I guess the poor thing got stuck.

Thanks, Jonathan!

Paul Phillips