[SunRescue] can't boot sun clone

Jonathan Katz rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 27 17:39:24 CST 2000

Paul wrote:
> Yesterday I moved it to another desk.  Now when I go to boot it, it hangs
> early in the process.  It starts up, says that it is a Tatung, say the

The answer to your question is within the question itself! You moved
the puppy which possibly means that RAM or SCSI connections or something
inside has become dislodged. It's time to break out that phillip's head
screwdriver, open up the case, and reseat anything which is 'movable.' You
may have had a DIMM or SIMM just pop out and that's easy to find. Otherwise
you'll have to start looking through and reseating everything. After you
do that, fire it up and you should be in business.

> The only difference is that it is not connected to a network.  I tried to
> get a Open boot prompt by pressing Stop-A on startup, but that doesn't work.

This almost conforms that it would be RAM that needs to be reseated, as a
SCSI error would get you to the PROM but not farther (you wouldn't see the
disk because a cable was loose or the power cable to the disk was loose, etc.)

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

-Jon
--
Jonathan Katz
e-mail: jon at jonworld.com
website: http://jonworld.com
proprietor: http://bachelor-cooking.com
Cell: 317-698-4023 * Pager: 800-759-8888 1770869 * FAX: 530-688-5347