[SunRescue] What to do now?

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 27 09:29:02 CST 2000

Rebecca Ore wrote:

> It's taking way longer than it did.  Several other opinions were that
> I needed to reseat the memory (newly installed, reseated now), try
> another nvram chip, or take it in to work where some of the coworkers
> had been adminning Sparcs for a while.  One possibility was that it
> needed to be reset from a Sun keyboard.  Concensus was that it wasn't
> anything obvious.

If you're consoling in, did you try sending it a break signal (in kermit
it's ctrl-\, b) when it gets to that point, or while it's POSTing?  I
actually had a Netra T1 do this to me, and I ended up just consoling in,
sending a break signal, and, I think, setting it to boot from the proper
device (that wasn't the problem, but I needed to make some kind of
change) and doing an nvramrc (IIRC).

Just a thought.

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer