[SunRescue] What to do now?

Rebecca Ore rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 27 09:13:44 CST 2000

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On December 26, Rebecca Ore wrote:
> > I turned off the Sparc1+ when testing was running and now get here and
> > no further:
> >
> > SPARCstation 1+, No keyboard.
> > ROM Rev. 1.3, 64 MB memory installed, Serial #0.
> > Ethernet address 8:0:20:8:30:95, Host ID: 53000000.
> >
> > Am I going to have to buy another nvram chip or more?
>
>   How long have you let it sit?  It can take a few minutes there..

It's taking way longer than it did.  Several other opinions were that
I needed to reseat the memory (newly installed, reseated now), try
another nvram chip, or take it in to work where some of the coworkers
had been adminning Sparcs for a while.  One possibility was that it
needed to be reset from a Sun keyboard.  Concensus was that it wasn't
anything obvious.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net