[SunRescue] HP-UX (I know, it's not Sun) cracking.

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 26 19:28:35 CST 2000

Hi folks.

Well, I finally managed to console into the damned HP box (seems it's a
720, with 32M RAM, 50Mhz processor, and 425M SCSI drive).  It boots up,
but doesn't give me a version for HP-UX.  It says, and I quote:

GenericSysName [Release ] (see /etc/issue )
Console Login:

I've tried all manners of root/passwd combinations.  Is there a polite
way to break into the filesystem from the PROM?  Am I only going to get
to the system with HP-UX media (which I don't have)?

Any advice would be appreciated.

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer