[SunRescue] Sun4 VME Parts / Memory

Dave Reader rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 22 18:09:23 CST 2000

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, James Lockwood wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Dave Reader wrote:
>
> > sr() form?
>
> "sr" is strictly an OS convention.  As far as the PROM is concerned, the
> CDROM drive is just another SCSI drive (which is why there is an implicit
> requirement of the CDROM drive to support 512-byte sectors) and is handled
> by the "sd" boot driver.

The other cpu does list it, which is why i tried. It suprised me to see it
there, simply because i'd assumed that these were too old for this kind of
support.

	Sun SPARCsystem 300.
	ROM Rev 3.0.3, 96MB memory installed, Serial #22239.
	Ethernet address 8:0:20:A:A0:BD, Host ID 230056DF.

	Type a key within 10 seconds to enter Extended Test System.

	Diagnostic Auto-boot in progress... (0,0,0)

	Invalid device = ''
	>b?
	Boot syntax: b [!][dev(ctlr,unit,part)] name [options]
	Possible boot devices:
	  id: PANTHER (ipi) controller
	  xd: Xylogics 7053 disk
	  xy: Xylogics 440/450 disk