[SunRescue] Sun4 VME Parts / Memory

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 22 17:41:46 CST 2000

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Dave Reader wrote:

> this one has 4.1.1 - but doesn't respond to "help", so i guess this was
> one of the roms they ran out of space in?

Correct.

> I assume, then, that device->scsid mappings are different for the
> sr() form?

"sr" is strictly an OS convention.  As far as the PROM is concerned, the
CDROM drive is just another SCSI drive (which is why there is an implicit
requirement of the CDROM drive to support 512-byte sectors) and is handled
by the "sd" boot driver.

The 4/330 was a great system for the time, I used one as my primary
home desktop (with a P4 GX card and 40MB RAM) from 1995 to 1997.  Dual
669MB 5.25" FH SCSI drives, whee.  :)

-James