[SunRescue] [OT] Sun TV commercials

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 22 15:40:08 CST 2000

My perspective of this commercial was partly tongue-in-cheek humor, mostly
at the way the ad parodies the against the norm kind of movies.

My view is that Jack is going against the tide of the Wintel Mafia[tm] (OK I
just made that up..) I suspect those were MCSE's (Microsoft Corp. Software
Enforcers) chasing Jack around.

Persoanlly I like the whole line of commercials as just good entertaining
snips of film. Like others have said in this thread I agree that their
message is a bit muddled. I also can attest to the fact that oftentimes
un-informed clueless suit type managers are the one making critical IT
decisions without any understanding of the choice.....gee IBM sounds
good....(Insert favorite vomit sound here). I too have seem management
poo-poo GoodThings[sm] like Linux and Apache because of a perceived lack of
support. *sigh*

Mike N

Mike N